
Our first overnight stop was Spences Bridge.
Remembering all the times in years gone by that we have driven through Spences Bridge and never stopped, this was the time to do it.
We stayed at the Acacia RV park, it lived up to it's name as there was a beautiful acacia grove of trees throughout the park. The park really was a pretty spot right beside the river, with wonderful sunny skies (most of the time) with views of the river and the fields beyong. One major problem with the park is that the CN and CP rail lines run on either side of the river, with the one on our side of the river only a stones throw away!!! Both lines are very busy meaning that over night the silence was broken quite often and sleep was fleeting! The owner was telling us that if you stay long enough you don't even hear the trains, it is a sure thing we won't be staying long enough!!
In the morning we took our bikes out for a ride. Our bikes caused quite a stir in our neighbour hood at the park as our neighbours had never seen folding bikes before. Once explanations were given we were on our way. I knew Spences Bridge was small but when 20 minutes later we had riden all the streets & sides streets we discovered exactly how small itour host town is. To add a few minutes to the ride we rode over the old bridge across the river to explore the other side only to discover that there was nothing to explore.
Although very pretty I don't think we will stay there again!
Our 2nd & 3rd nights were at Cache Creek at the Brookside RV Park which is right across the street from a golf course. The sun was shining again so the day we arrived we enjoyed the sun close to our site. Bob did his suduko and read and I was working away on my cross stitch. I am wondering if I will get it finished on this trip, I started it on our Spring vacation? We have stayed here before so I have not taken out our camera as the pictures would be repeats.
Monday morning found us up bright and early for a tee time at 8am. Now we know why no one else was out on the first tee at that time of the morning, IT WAS FREEZING! I don't think my hands warmed up until the 10th hole and by the way I was playing it was obvious. The back nine was better, thank heavens. I was wishing I had taken my camera on the golf course as there were a number of baby ptarmigan who were showing off for the camera.
Next stop Sheridan Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment