Sept 23, 2008
The sun shone today, it felt wonderful. We were both awake early so we packed up and headed off. We did stop at Princeton to check out the golf course and to cancel our game for tomorrow. We were glad we had decided to go to Hope as the back 9 of the course was closed so we would have only played the front nine. We will probably stop there another time as the RV sites are again right beside the course.
It had been a number of years since Bob and I had driven the Hope Princeton highway, I must admit that with a motorhome it seem much more curvy!!!! Bob drives slower going around those hairpin turns, I am sure the cars behind us wished they were in front of us. We did pull over as often as we could to let them by.
Arriving at Hope around lunch the sun was shining nice a warm, in fact darn right hot. I think I have a slight burn on my neck where I hadn't put suntan lotion. We enjoyed the afternoon sitting in the sun reading. Bob started another campfire about 3, this time we were able to burn up a big pile of our wood. As long as the weather hold, which I don't think it will, we will be able to burn the remaining wood tomorrow.
As the sun went down, we both put on Dad's heavy padded shirts. These shirts have sure kept us warm on a number of evenings this trip. With are warms shirts on we walked around the campsite, a good number of the Canada Dream rentals had pulled in and the park had filled up.
2nd Day
Not much to write about today as it rained most of the day with us stuck inside. This is the first real rainy day we have had so we cannot complain.
First thing this morning we decided to have breakfast out so before the rain started we headed down the street to the Husky restaurant. I decided on pancakes and eggs since we never have pancakes anymore - that was a mistake. There were two hugh pancakes each almost bigger then the plate - needless to say I didn't even finish one of them.
Next stop Cultus Lake 1,000 Trails.
No comments:
Post a Comment