A good day, the night's showers were over by the time we left the motel and a great day followed.
Taking highway #2 along the river we stopped a few of the sites on the way to Upper Canada Village arriving there just as the gates opened. By the lack of crowd to start the morning I think we were the only ones on the grounds - that did change as the day progressed.
It was an enjoyable morning taking in all the



sites, all the employees were in a very talkative mood. With it only being 1 week into the season I guess they haven't worn out yet. It was much like taking in Fort Steel or Barkerville but with the Eastern Canada influence. We found it all very int

eresting - I really did not know what curds were until today!!! The cheese maker talked us into buying some cheese and we are enjoying it this evening - I wish we had have bought a bigger piece! We spent about 3 hours there having lunch before we left. I had home made pea soup and home made bread yummy and Bob had a sausage and onions - he enjoyed also. You will note the size of the fish in the pond - that would have been easy fishing.
After lunch we drove down to Iroquois and saw the lock in action. We had lucked out as a ship was just approaching as we arrived and another one would not be there for another few hours. Bob was pleased to

be there as he had seen that particular lock being build when they were on their trip way back when.
We did note how many campsites were along the river - I am guessing by summer they all would be full. I don't suppose our motorhome will ever make it this far so we just looked.
The weather was so good that when we got back we sat out by the pool and read and enjoyed the summer sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment