Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Plains of Abraham

Today was Bob's day. I think he has been talking about the Plains of Abraham since I met him - how many years ago? He was relieving the time when he and Joyce had been there as children, that trip must have made a big impression. As we started our adventure there were a number of students on a school outing dresses as the French and English. We didn't stick around to see who won the battle, we figured it would be a forgone conclusion!! We tramped around for a good number of hours finding all the monuments and battle grounds. There were a lot more tulips to take pictures of, which I did! By the time we had taken about 8,000 steps it was time for lunch. Off to the Old Town which is right by the plains for a quick bit and then to the Citadel

The Citadel was interesting, we had to take a tour as it is still actively used by the armed forces. We enjoyed a very interesting tour which told us the history of the Citadel which I am not going to relate to you right now!! By the time we were finished that tour our step count was up to about 14,000 steps which would be a little over 10 kms. so we had covered a lot of territory and were definitely ready to head back to the hotel.

We did have dinner down in the Old Town in a lovely little French restaurant. Our waiter had worked in Whistler for a season about 8 years ago so we had a nice conversation with him. He loved the Vancouver area.

I was glad that we had changed rooms as our room was much quieter and I did get a good night sleep, yea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment