Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two Games of Golf


After the horrid game of golf we had yesterday at the other golf coarse today was a real pleasure.
Yesterday the clubs we were given were without a doubt the worse set of rental clubs we have every used and our game showed that.
There was a very cold wind which didn't help. With the warm weather we had the day before I had worn shorts, that was a mistake. Fortunately I did have my warmer sweather in the car so I bundled up in that and my jacket, never got really warmed up so we were glad when that game was over.
Today we played on the Cornwall coarse which is a semi private coarse and much nicer. The club dates back to the 1890s and the coarse we played on dates to 1923 so it is well established. Today we had a matching set of clubs that worked quite well. It was still very cold to start off, I had on two sweaters and my jacket plus using my noggin I did have on long pants today. One sweater and my jacket did come off during the game but my heavy sweater remained on for the full game. I did upload a picture of Bob on the 17th tee, you can see the St. Lawrence in the background.



Bob wasn't feeling too great last night so I think this afternoon we may just go over to the grocery store across the street and get some sushi to have in our room.
Off to Ottawa tomorrow and from the forcast to the rain also.

No comments:

Post a Comment