Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday - Cornwall, Ontario



I can tell you one thing, we are both glad to be back to a province where we can read the road signs!!!

We didn't race to get away this morning but were on the road by 9:00. Not much exciting on the drive, but Bossy (our GPS)was in her element when we decided not to follow her advice - it took a few RECALCULATING before she realized we were taking highway 20 not the 440.
Once in Cornwall and settled into our room we went out to find a clinic so Bob could get his stitches out. We arrived at the first clinic to find it had closed 10 minutes earlier at 1:00 so off we went to the other one and found it also was closed also - you would have thought one would be open. Oh well we drove down to the river and took a short walk along the river. I wish I could capture the fragrance from all the lilac bushes in the park. I took a ton of pictures of the lilacs and have sent you one. There is also one of a little brook feeding into the St. Lawrence and then ofcoarse one of me saying I was here.
Bob & I eventually ended up at the hospital where he did get his stitches out without a long wait even, plus they accepted our B.C. Care card no questions asked. He sure enjoyed being able to wash his hands properly.
Back to the friendliest hotel in town for a cocktail before dinner.
Tomorrow will be a day for me to relieve a piece of my past with a visit to Upper Canada Village - it has been over 40 years since I was there.


No comments:

Post a Comment