Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sicamous



We were ataken back when we saw the sign leading to our campsite at Sicamous as you can see by the sign this RV Resort had to go along way to living up to RESORT. It did have a pool and on a hot day that was appreciated! The washrooms left a lot to be desired, I showered in the coach which is something I rarely do. It was rustic and we did survive. It was nice to have a larger site where we could follow the shade throughout the day.

What a change from most vacations in the coach on the off seasons we are having lovely warm, sunny weather. We have not often gone swimming so that really was a nice change. I had discovered that opps, my bathing suit was at home so when it was still cool enough we rode our bikes into town (about 3 1/2 miles in) so I could buy a new one. The end of the season meant that I got 40% off.
Our friends Dave and Carol, the couple we met on our South American trip, live in Sicamous and that was the reason for our stay there. The came over around 3:30 on Wednesday, we all enjoyed reliving our trip via my book. Carol was so taken with it that I logged on and showed her how to make a book for herself.

We were delighted this morning when we woke to find that mr. mousy had found the trap. That morning we had discovered that he had enjoyed snacking on some of our fruit. Our fruit has now taken up residence in our microwave when we aren't using it. Hope we don't have any more of those visitors.

The morning of the 20th we headed to Golden, that was a nice easy drive. In fact all of our drives have been easy, Bob hates long drives. We are staying at a lovely site here just east of the junction on Hwy 1. Clean washrooms and internet yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment