Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lima - Peru







Well here we are in Peru - our flight was on time arriving at 9:30 am into Lima. I was not sitting in a window seat this time so was not able to see the fantastic views below. At one point I leaned over the gal at the window to take a picture down, those there mountains are sure big!

Arriving at our hotel there was almost a revolt. The city is booked up for a world convention of some sort thus the hotel Adventures Abroad normally uses was not available so they selected another one which is not up to their normal standard. Most members of the group were complaining bitterly, Bob and I don't normally complain but this really is not a very nice hotel. I don't even want to put bare feet on the carpet! Pablo is trying to find us another hotel for the next two nights but we have to stay here for at least tonight. We will have to see what happens when we go for dinner, we are all hoping for good news.

Once we were settled in most of us walked down to the ocean area for lunch. There was lots of sea fog so we couldn't see much of the ocean at all. Once back at the hotel most of us gathered in the little court yard in the middle of the hotel for drinks and a chat. Since Internet was only available there were three of us down there using our computers. Later back in our room we discovered since our room over looks the courtyard we can get wireless up here so went in a checked my last blog which I hadn't had time to do and made a few obvious corrections.


Our dinner out was down at the Kennedy Plaza which was about 10 blocks from our hotel. We had a number of different Peruvian dishes, Bob and I both decided on the fish dish - very yummy.
I have added the one picture of the Andes that I was able to take from the plane, one of our hotel from Hell and one of the sea fog down on the shores.

Tomorrow is another free day so maybe we will have better views of the ocean if we wait and walk down later in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment