Monday, November 17, 2008

Day two in Lima






After all the wonderful breakfasts we have had our hotel from Hell lived up to it's name. We had a bun, some butter, jam and coffee. What I couldn't believe was they had taken a paper napkin and cut it into four - now that was cheap.

I can't say all was bad as both Bob and I had a wonderful sleep, I guess the lack of sleep the night before helped up to fall asleep quickly with both of us making it to 7:00 am! If it have had been clean the hotel really did have some charm, we will miss the courtyard where we could all gather for drinks in the afternoon.

We had planned on leaving the hotel about 10 for our day on our own but when we got downstairs we discovered that it appeared we would be moving hotels. So we packed up and a number of taxis were ordered and off we went to The Best Western about 10 blocks away and only two blocks from the beach. It isn't a fancy hotel but it is clean!!!! Bob and I did have to move rooms once we got into ours as it only had one small bed, now we have 2 twins pushed together which should be just fine.

We met up with the group for lunch and then headed out on our own, we had planned on doing some exploring but wasted about an hour trying to cash a few travellers cheques and another hour trying to find me a light sweater. It is really weird how they go about cashing travellors cheques down here,. After queuing for a long time, they take your passport and the cheques and tell you to go sit down. I was in a panic when it took so long to get my passport back from the teller, I guess they must verify your passport is real or something. I think in future we will use our debit card.


We then walked from Kennedy Square where we had lunch back to the beach. We didn't have as much fog today but there was too much still to get any real clear views. Back to the hotel for a few hours before we head out for dinner again.

Another couple joined our group today, they also are from West Van. so now there are 5 from there so we really should be able to exchange pictures when we get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment