This mornings walking tour of the old city was a lovely saunter along the river and up into the town. Pablo is very passionate about the different types of architecture where ever we go and today was no exception.
We did visit a lovely old cathedral which has been turned into a museum and then crossed the plaza to the new cathedral which holds 10,000 people. Now that was big! It had an update for Pope John Paul's visit in 1985 I believe it was.
Around 12:30 we all took off on our own for lunch. As it turned out a number of us ended up at the same place by the cathedral in Independence Square where we had a very nice lunch. It was great to have some free time.
At 3:30 we met up again for a trip to an excellent view point of the city and with the sunshine and blue skies the view was exceptional. From there to our first shopping place of the trip which was a lovely pottery place - good thing we don't have room in our walk on baggage as I would have been tempted to purchase.
From there we went to where they make Panama Hats. Now that was a very interesting stop. I did not know that Panama hats are all hand made and they are not just for men. They had some absolutely beautiful women's hats. I tried on a few, how I wish hats were still in style! I am not sure how many pictures I can get one the blog but I will put a few on to show how the process works.
We had a wonderful dinner at another hotel close to our hotel - it was very good again but eating late isn't working too great for a good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment