I w
as just able to check this blog and see that the pictures did not come through I will do them another time.
It seems so long ago that we were in Rebensburg I have to think what we did. All the cities are starting to blend together.
As you can see we have had wonderful weather but don't let the blue sky deceive you like it did to us the morning we arrived in Regensburg. We wore only a cotton shirt on our arms and really needed, sweaters and jackets - we froze. That was our only cold day so far.
It seems that all the cathedrals we have seen have all been under renovations, St. Peter's was no exception. Looking up the sphires into the blue sky was the only way to avoid including scaffold in my picture.
In the afternoon Bob & I took an optional tour to the 19th century Thurn and Taxis Castle. The rooms were magnificient is all we can say. We were not allowed to take pictures inside so can't show you what it looked like.
While there there was a Neo Nazi demonstration which resulted in hundreds of police and army lining the streets. We found it strange that these demonstrations were allowed but freedom of speach you know.
After leaving Regensburg we crossed the continental divide and started our downward locks the first 3 were the largest 81 m each. Really quite a building design. The water is pumped out of the locks into holding tanks and then pumped back in when a boat needs to go up river.
I am now 5 days behind on this blog. I hope I can continue but the internet speed is really very slow and painful so not sure how much more we will add.
No comments:
Post a Comment