It is here that we learned that the river was very low and there was a chance our boat would not make it up river. Since I am now writing this several days later we did make it but it was a real scare for everyone.
This day after we disembarked our captain took our boat rushing up river as we toured and then we were bused to where the boat was docked.
The day was great, visiting St. Stephen's catheral which holds the largest pipe organ in the world plus the old city itself. We did have a 1/2 hour concert to hear the pipe organ. Both Bob & I plus others thought the music was too loud but I assume they were trying to show its power.
The afternoon was lots of fun as Bob & I did a 16 km bike tour down the river to a power station where we crossed over to Austria. From there we pedaled another 6 km, crossed back into Germany having a picnic on the other side. I think our tour co-ordinator was starting to think we were not going to get back to the bus as expected but we made it in a nick of time. Of the 24 who started the pedal tour only 3 dropped out mid way. Our backsides were a little soar for a few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment