Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sons of Norway - WIT weekend June


After all the rain at Cultus Lake it was a real delight to see the sun the morning we moved to the Son's of Norway site.
This is the 3rd year Bob & I have attended our WIT weekend there, it is a place we always enjoy ourselves, this year was no different.
Our hosts hoped the pool would be warm enough for us to have time during the adult swim in the afternoon to enjoy it. Friday the water was far too cool, but by Saturday a few ventured in. Those that did were very refreshed after our time was up. Saturday afternoon before Happy Hour the fellows took mixology classes where they prepared breakfast for the next morning, all that was left was to pop them in the oven in the morning. Bob brought the recipe back so I will have to try that out when we have company some day.
I had taken my book for last year plus the South American book. A number of the group enjoyed them just as they did the year before. I will be doing a mini class on photoshop and Book Smart for a few later end July.
The highlight of the weekend was "Viking Day" which was held out of doors with the wonderful weather. We just happened to be booked in for their fun filled weekend, thus we were invited to join in. Instead of our regular pot luck Saturday night we took part in their smorg (yummy), their fire and the dance. The band was wonderful and Bob & I enjoyed a few too many turns on the dance floor doing the polka - the next day my hips were so soar I could hardly stand up or sit down. I hope that doesn't mean we are getting old? Now the fire was something else, I am sure the wood was pile bigger than our coach and the blaze when it was lit was something to behold. In fact the picture I used in the background for the picture is of the fire but I have stylized the picture. Around 10:00 it did start to rain a little and since I had only 2 hours sleep the night before we called it quits. The dance & party continued into the wee hours of the morning and some of the group did not sleep again.
We look forward to next years outing but since it is later in July next year we may not be able to take it in as we will be going to the Angus reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment