Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Gramma - visit to Kelowna












We decided to take our new car for a long drive and ended up in Kelowna. Well not really we had planned the trip!
It was my birthday on Friday the 24th and I always like to be with my family to celebrate. The car drove very nicely and we are very happy with it. Arriving in Kelowna around 1, Tracy and the boys wouldn't be home until 2:30 so we went to the mall for a quick bit at the fast food area and a stop at the book store. Bob bought me "Whitewater cooks at Home" for my birthday. I can hardly wait to prepare some of the recipes. I wold like to get her first book also but it is cheaper online so I will wait until we get home and order it then.
Tracy and the boys got home moments after we had unpacked and settled onto the back deck. The weather was marvellous. Cameron was doing a science fair project with one of his buddy's so they were busy working inside. It took some time for the boys to focus but eventually they finished their display. Dinner was late but very good as usual. I was sad we didn't take any pictures on my birthday but the afternoon had been very busy.
Saturday was opening day for baseball so we bundled up in all the clothes we had and off we went. It was sooooo COLD. By the time the parade was over the boys wearing only their uniforms were freezing - good thing we had brought blankets as we wrapped them up to warm them up. The parade was over around 1 and Zachary didn't have a mini game until 2:30 so Bob and I went back to the kid's place and read. It didn't really warm up that day at all. Before dinner Tracy, the boys and I went for
a walk or should I say the boys scootered and we walked.
Sunday was a little warmer and when the sun came out it was fine. Cameron and Kyle presented their science fair project to us for practice. Kyle's mom had come over to watch and assist. We gave the boys a few tips on public speaking and from what I have heard since we got home the boys did a good job on Monday morning. Cameron and Stephen had a baseball practice and then a hockey game Sunday afternoon so they were gone from 2:30 until 8:30. Tracy, Zachary, Bob and I had pizza for dinner with left overs for the guys when they got home.
We left around 7:30 on Monday morning as the everyone else was preparing for their day. It was great to get out there for our visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment