

What a great weekend at the Sons of Norway. Bob and I were a little nervous as we had never hosted/wagon mastered a weekend before. We had little to worry about as all the old timers were there to help.
Thursday afternoon 5 rigs arrived so a unexpected Happy Hour started at about 4:30 with everyone gathering around the Charlesworth's coach for goodies and refreshments.
Friday the remainder of the group arrived. Little conversations popped up all over the place as friends greeted old friends and new comers. Bob had made the props for Horse Balls so we all gathered in the shade to practice for the tourny the next day. As it turned out most everyone had played the game before only under other names. No matter everyone had fun.
Sat. morning Bob and I made coffee and I put out the muffins I had made and the fruit bread from Cob's Bakery. Everyone said the muffins etc were good and the thanked Bob for delicious coffee. We had a good day and the afternoon Horse Ball tourny went well with the guys winning one and the gals the other. A pot luck was set up at 6:30 with lots of yummy food which was devoured. A roaring campfire in the evening was the end of great day. Thank heavens for the wonderful sunny days.
Sun morning we were treated to eggs, bacon, pancakes and ham. We were all stuffed as we packed up our coach for the trip home.
No comments:
Post a Comment