Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Visit to Poppa, Mark and Claude





Arrived Wednesday afternoon after a drive up through Kimberley to Invermere. I went directly over to visit Poppa, he definetly didn't look his chipper old self. Claude, Raylene and I went to dinner with Pop which gave us a chance to chat.

Thursday I had a great pretty good game of golf with Ray and some of her friends. I was using her clubs so had a few strokes where I really wasn't using the correct club. I appreciated Ray loaning me her new clubs which we shared on and off during the game. We had a yummy bowl of soup at the club and headed back over to their house for the afternoon. Dinner found me back over with Dad's, he is not eating much and we are all worried about him.

Friday was a picnic with Pop at Kinsmen Beach. The breeze felt so good on a hot afternoon. You know Pop isn't feeling all that great when he only eats 1/2 of an egg salad sandwich. Colin had called in the morning to say they were coming for the weekend. I hadn't seen Colin and Michelle since their wedding so it was nice to see them and meet their children. A super steak BBQ for dinner.

Saturday morning headed over to visit Pop before heading down to Cranbrook. After lunch in Cranbrook all of us headed out to Jim Smith where the kids enjoyed a dip in the lake before the wind blew us home.

Sunday we had an early birthday party for Curtis with BBQ roast of port and ice cream cake. Plus he had opened and build is Leggo Mars Station that I had brought him for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment